Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 09:54:35 -0500
Another fragment but which describes the event as occurring in May, 1758:
http://www.ls.net/~newriver/fiwar.htm
_The French and Indian War in the American South_
"[Note: This presentation...is Chapters IV-VI of Archibald Henderson
(Ph.D.)'s The Conquest of the Old Southwest, published by the Century
Company, New York in 1920. Henderson never uses the term "French and Indian
War in the American South" but this portion of his book is essentially
that...."
--Jeffrey C. Weaver

Scroll halfway, immediately below the etching of Waddell.

Finding Henderson's reference or note #56 from his original book may provide
further details that you are seeking. But you already seem to have more
details than most, what is your specific source, Mr. Cleveland?

Neil McDonald

PS - The above is from Mr. Weaver's interesting history resources at:
http://www.ls.net/~newriver/nrv.htm