Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:45:01 EST
Anyone think the draft acts was not along the lines of impressment (aka
remove freedom = slavery).  If you had not money (e.g. poor irish immigrant
off the boat)
to get out of it - off tot he front lines to fight for Abe Lincoln....no need
to be a citizen to get drafted.   Hence huge draft riots in 1863.