From:
Craig Kilby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:54:29 -0400
Paul,

I concur completely and am glad you posted this. Like many of us on
this list, we have all read hundreds if not thousands of wills and
deeds and I find no difference between the term plantation and farm
in the records from this era.  Thanks to Gone With The Wind, the term
*plantation* has come to be synominous with Tara.

Craig Kilby