From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:31:39 -0400
Dear list members,

A colleague asked me to post the information below about a concert by
the Virginia Company, a group performing 17th and 18th century music.  I
trust that some listers will find it of interest.

By the way, I have performed in the Mary T. Christian Auditorium at
Thomas Nelson Community College, which I think is only a few years old.
I can assure you that it is very comfortable and has great acoustics!

Gregg Kimball

THE VIRGINIA COMPANY

Thomas Nelson Community College-Dr. Mary T. Christian Auditorium

Thursday, May 19th 7:30 pm

Tickets:  $10/students & seniors  $13 Adults

Call (757) 825-2779   www.tncc.edu/MTCA <http://www.tncc.edu/MTCA>

The Virginia Company has been delighting audiences with its concerts of
the popular music of the 17th and 18th century since 1989.  Performing
on period instruments, the Virginia Company draws on traditional music
of England, Scotland, and Ireland, as well as the formal elements of
baroque and early classical music to present the style that reflects the
spirit and liveliness of the period.

Instruments include violin, guitar, mandolins, flutes, percussion, and
voice. The Virginia Company's programs highlight all aspects of the
culture of Colonial Virginia from planters to pirates, from the young to
the old, and from the rich and famous to the poor and infamous