From:
Tom Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:55:28 -0500
Ms Pemberton,

You may be licensed to surmise that eggs were part of the diet in
Pochhantas' time.  It seems that egg harvesting was a universal practice in
pre-modern times in every culture.  So, though chicken fricassee might not
have been on any Powhattan menus, eggs probably were.  And children were
employed in the harvest wherever one reads of the practice.

tom