From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 17:41:04 GMT
Scott,
I will follow through on that, and thank you for your insightful response. I did apologize to Mr. Maas because he made an announcement and felt I was attacking him. Colonial Cabell also commanded the Minutemen in Amherst County, and was a hero in the war, and in the region. All of the men in the unit made up a powerful fighting force, which Cornwallis can attest to. After the War, many of the males were named after Lafayette and George Washington. In fact one of my ancestors was named George Washington Lafayette.

Anita

-- "W. Scott Smith" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Col. William Cabell is a 6th great granduncle of mine. Thank you for
mentioning his name, as that is how people's memories are continued.

There are a number of organizations working on developing the program for
the 225th Anniversary of the Siege of Yorktown, including the Brigade of the
American Revolution, Endview Plantation, and the National Park Service.
These organizations have only come together in the last 30-45 days or so.

I imagine that there is plenty of time to further flesh out the program at
this major event, which will be in October of 2006.

I would recommend that anyone who is interested in adding meaningful,
accurate, programs to the event contact the event planners at
http://www.siegeofyorktown.org/

Capt. W. Scott Smith, Asst. Geographer
Dept. of the Geographer to the Army, 1777-1783
www.armygeographer.org
Brigade of the American Revolution

Signup at www.doteasy.com