From:
Eric Huffstutler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:38:49 +0000
I found the headstone at Find-A-Grave.  How secure is it on what looks like soft unstable land?  I have see so many stones that size and smaller sink to one side or another and then topple over.

The person who built our house in 1812 owned 9-slaves.  He did not leave a will but the property was probated by the court and the slaves listed only by first name in the inventory dated in 1823  (he died in 1820).  I am afraid my quest to locate these individuals would be fruitless but would like to find at least the family to one of them.