From:
Gregg Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:33:36 -0500
Because Brent is out today and I am helping with VA-Hist in his absence,
I would urge those thinking about responding to this post (and others)
to remember that this is a listserve for Virginia history, not for the
debate of current politics or religion.  If you wish to put this debate
into context by discussing the historical use of religious symbols in
public buildings in Virginia, the Founders' views on religion, no
problem.  Plese do not indulge in political posturing and personal
attacks.

Perhaps most important, I would urge posters to contribute real
substance to the discussion.  Please give us an argument clearly built
on historical facts and events backed up by sources.

Gregg Kimball