From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 12:09:17 -0500
In recent years all my research at the Library of Congress has been in the
Manuscripts Reading Room of the Madison Building, where materials are
served to researchers very promptly after one's request is submitted.
   Some years back, on the other hand, when using the printed collections
through the Main Reading Room of what's now called the Jefferson Building,
one generally could turn in call slips in the morning and hope the books
arrived that afternoon. Service may now be more rapid - I haven't had
occasion to in recent years.
   All that said, I would be grateful for advice from experienced VA-HIST
scholars about using Microfilm Collections at the Library of Congress.  I'm
hoping next week to consult film held by LC of manuscripts in a more
distant repository. Is that something one can likely accomplish there in
half a day?

Thank you

Jon Kukla