From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:44:26 -0500
Elizabeth,

It does seem reasonable that it would have been tobacco. But I recall
reading in an account in a southern apology magazine that it was cotton
warehouses burned in Richmond. Perhaps my memory is faulty. In any event, it
was the confederates who burned Richmond, not the Union army.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.erols.com/apembert