From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:34:02 -0500
Before we get into hashing over Edmund Morgan's thirty-year-old book,
about which many 17th-c Chesapeake historians have long had serious
reservations (mine are on record in April 1785 Am Hist Review), it is
important to recognize that Bill Kelso's ten-year archeaological dig at
Jamestown has completely altered the evidential base upon which an
intelligent discussion of the first years of the Jamestown settlement
should rely.

Jon Kukla