From:
"Huffstutler, Eric S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:42:06 +0000
Thanks mark.  Dimenti was mentioned by someone else to me and I have contacted them.  But there was a book written about Richmond theatres and used many of their photographs.  The book has a mention but no visuals for these two I am seeking and the Dimenti website doesn't seem to have anything posted in their collection.

I have checked with valentine and they do not have anything either.

Like I said, Church Hill North is a total void when it comes to history, especially anything prior to 1930.  I am wondering if it had anything to do with demographics in a time of segregation in the South?  We know that certain areas were part of the "white flight" of 1950-1960 where it went from 75% white to 96% black within those 10-years.  But was there a stigma prior?  Was there bad blood to outcast the area?  You would think one of the oldest parts of the city or the state for that matter, would have some sort of record, especially visual even if legal documents don't exist.

I still propose that if anyone is interested in writing a book about this forgotten section of our city that I would collaborate in research and possibly some draft writing if they will do the main portion and get it published.  This will be a book no one else has attempted before!

Eric Huffstutler