From:
Excalibur131 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:07:05 -0500
From: "Sunshine49" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: Jamestown vs Plymouth Rock
<snip>
> Why were so many Civil War battles fought in National Parks  [to which a
> friend of mine jokingly replied... bike paths!].
>
> Nancy

Sheeeeeeeeeesh, we all know that's a joke because bike paths were where the
officers rode their bicycles to observe the progress of the battle. The real
reason for Civil War battles being fought in National Parks is because they
were nice places to take the family camping, a popular outdoor activity at
the time. Dad could go into battle, Mom could watch while relaxing on a
grassy knoll, and the children had plenty of places to play without getting
into trouble.

Tom
Eastern Shore & More Forum
http://www.easternshoremore.com/forum/