From:
"Johnson, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:59:19 -0400
Indeed, the Quakers carried this work into the war itself.  There was a kind
of Quaker educational camp for freed slaves at Yorktown, teaching primarily
(as I recall) agricultural skills.  I believe there was some classic
classroom education there as well.  If memory serves, the Quakers in
question were primarily out of the Philadelphia Meeting.

--Eric Johnson