From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:39:02 -0500
With special thanks to Fred, Melinda, and the others who contributed
suggestions to make this story more historically correct, I'd like to
suggest that you take a look at my updated version. I did not take the
feather headdress off the Chief on the cover (as yet, I forgot it until I
looked at the revision), but I did change the runner picture. I added the
color to an outline put online for quilt patterns. If the red and blue of
the pilgrim seems wrong, I can change it. I may be able to make his clothes
more baggy, but I am not an artist and am limited to what I can do.

Since there are grapes that grow wild in New England, I am thinking that the
Pilgrims could have made raisins. One online source says tho, that they were
imported from England, so wouldn't be there. I welcome opinions on that.
Somewhere online I saw that the Pilgrims used goats instead of cows for
milk. Think at least one goat may have survived that first journey? I am
reluctant to tell children that the Pilgrim children drank "ale" or even
wine. Perhaps grape juice?
Again, I am open to suggestions.

I appreciate those who are helping me get this story right. I have never
been enamored to be P.C. .... Let me know what still needs changing. This
evening I will work on that cover picture, so if the headdress is gone when
you see it, that's because I got it done....

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.erols.com/apembert