From:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:24:30 -0500
Thanks Jim.  I should have realized the extremely high focus on agriculture
in those schools, ala even today the Texas (A&M) Aggies, the Utah Aggies, et
al.

Ga Tech may have been an exception since even today, it is the University of
Georgia that has the agriculture school.  And back in 1985 when Ga Tech
celebrated its 100th, I think I recall reading that 'they' modeled their
focus more on the practical side as defined by ___ I forget whom, vs the
theoretical side of MIT.

Randy Cabell