From:
John Philip Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:47:24 -0500
Now someone finally understands. The 'neoconfederates' have whined and cried
enough that we can now consider ourselves the winner. Great.
When we get to overrun New York, Boston, Philadelphia and the other Yankee
bastions of economic oversight over all of us, then we will truly have won.
Personally, the freeing of the 'slaves' was a true necessity of the 'wah'.
Now all of us need to acknowledge we are members of the same country. No one
is black and no one is white. We are all Americans.
The TOTALLY UNITED USA is the real savior of the 21st century. Both the
NORTH AND the SOUTH should look at each other as one, not separate entities.

I only wanted to acknowledge my cousins ending of the war and the
reunification of the country he loved as much as all of should and do love
it.
I believe that we can continue this discourse with the same passion and
zeal, the north will always be the real winner but we could have dreamed. I
don't believe the south really wanted to have Texas as its major state.
At the end of the day, we are still citizens of the greatest country in the
world. Maybe the civil war was the true glue that binds us all together now.

John Philip Adams
Texas