From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 15:23:33 -0400
  Maybe someone told the census taker he was the son of "Mr.
Jefferson in Virginia" and the census taker, having heard of no other
Jefferson males, put down Thomas Jefferson. If the family and person
involved never saw the census entry, they would have never known the
error. Or even if they had said the Jefferson who was the father, the
census taker "heard" or wrote down Thomas, if that's the TJ he knew
of. To support an entire idea based on a census entry is pretty
shaky, as it was not unknown for a census entry to be wrong.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone