Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:17:59 EST
Paul - isnt what Lincoln did exactly what King George was attempting to do in
1775 - 1783?   Can you deny our Founding Fathers actions are not much more
akin to those of the South?   I believe many a "patriot" in the Revolutionary
War had fought for The King ht in the French and Indian War, no?
Interesting you paint the actions of the Southerns akin to Benedict Arnold
and Lincolns actions are like George Washingtons - right, just and
heroic.Samuel Adaws would certainly be upset to see the US come to Civil War,
but certainly he would roll in his grave hearing how you charaterize the
southerners and their right to suceed.   Ahh, it is true so very tru that to
the victory goes the history

What of the United States Federal Government's treatment of Native Americans
from 1800 - 1900?   Not a very nice way to treat folks in killing them and
driving them from their homelands.......Slavery awful, but equally awful was
the Feds treatment and Indian "solutions."

The greatest flaw of the Founding Fathers (a bunch of rebellious idealists
and greedy merchants) wa in the end to not eliminate slavery when they had
the opportunity.  They, especially Adams, Jefferson, Madison and even
Franklin fully recognized it and admitted their own failures to deal with it.
 In their late years Adams and Jefferson foresaw the coming war....