From:
Debra Jackson/Harold Forsythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:36:26 -0500
The terms in the lyrics in Randy's first paragraph clearly refer to the
Protestant (English and Dutch) victory over the Catholics (Irish and French)
at the Battle of the Boyne (July 1690.)  "Brave King William" (William III
of William and Mary) defeats King James II.  This song is anti-James.

Harold S. Forsythe