Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:23:56 -0500
Actually, here in Virginia, cities are completely independent of any county.
Once a city and a county have 'consolidated', i.e., the City of Newport News
and Warwick County in 1957, that county ceases to exist.
Well, I take that back. The City of Poquoson used to be a part of York
County and back in the 1970's, it split off from York County and is now
independent of York but York still exists.
Deane Mills
York County (I think:)
Virginia