From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:12:04 -0700
What point are you making? Does it make it right that whites who considered themselves "civilized", could enslave other humans? They were supposedly more advanced then the people they enslaved, whether Native, African, or Asian. What were they doing on those shores? You miss my point this is a Virginia History list, when I am on an African list, then I will bring up what Africans did.  In case you want to know my ancestry is mixed, white/native/African.  At least two of those groups were involved in the slave trade.

Anita