From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 00:00:46 -0400
Herbert,

I am quite accustomed to your nasty replies anytime anyone praises those who
disagree with you. Why you cannot just agree to disagree is beyond me.

The fact that you can find NO proof that TJ fathered the children in
question does not establish for a fact that he did not. It just means it has
not been proven to your satisfaction. And, I feel quite certain that if you
were faced with DNA evidence that Madison Hemings was fathered by a
Jefferson male, you would go out of your way to argue it wasn't Tom.

The fact that TJ is a Founding Father does NOT establish his sainthood. All
of the Founding Fathers had flaws in character. Ben Franklin is probably my
personal favorite Founding Father, and yet he publically admitted he father
a child - a son that he raised to commit the same faux paus as his father,
so that in his old age, Ben was raising that same grandson born out of
wedlock. Ben was willing to admit his "mistakes" and did his best to make
them right. TJ seemed, too often, to hide his mistakes from public scrutiny.
What "honorable man" uses a writer to slander a friend, and then cries wolf
when the same writer peeks into his own affairs?

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/apembert
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org