From:
Jurretta Heckscher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:58:00 -0400
Randy, although they will not be able to estimate a value for you, the
reference staff of the Music Division at the Library of Congress may
be able to put you in touch with someone who could do so, or at least
advise you on how to find such a person.  You can contact them in a
variety of ways, outlined in the information at http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-perform.html
.   Please think twice before sending them anything via "snail mail,"
however: ever since the anthrax episode, all incoming Federal mail is
irradiated, which enormously lengthens delivery time and may damage or
destroy the mail itself.

Good luck with this.  It sounds as though your collection could be
very useful to future researchers, and I'm so glad to hear you're
hoping to make it available through a research institution.

-- Jurretta Heckscher