Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:12:47 -0800
Since you are a neice of this Vet, you are an heir and next of kin, according to Virginia's law of intestate succession.  Any living kin, of any degree, should be able to see the records.

  Langdon Hagen-Long

Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  I just received information from another group about records at the
Library of Virginia, "World War II Military Separation Notices Filed
in Virginia." On investigating, I found that only the veteran, legal
heirs, or other legal assignees can have access to these records. My
uncle was in the army, fought at D-Day, and never married. All of his
siblings are also gone. I have been trying to find out more, as I
would like to get a government issued tombstone for his grave at
Oakwood Cemetery in Richmond. Am I right in assuming that I am not
qualified to have access to his records? By this reading, no one can
access his files, as all he has left living are various nieces and
nephews.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone