From:
Chawnzmit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chawnzmit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 06:53:20 -0400
The Stonewall Brigade Band is getting ready for a gala joint concert with the 29th Army Band to celebrate the 4th of July, and I got a note asking if I knew the birth and death dates of Will Ruebush.  I have not been able to find them, so I am soliciting help from you folks.

Will directed the 116th Infantry Band before and during WWI.  Virginia National Guard" by Dale F. Harter is a book that probably has something in it about him.  I think the whole Ruebush family lived around Dayton and were active in the music conservatory before it moved to Winchester and became part of Shenandoah University.  He wrote the STONEWALL BRIGADE BAND march, and I believe was director of that Staunton band for some years preceeding WWI.

Vol 50 #2 of the venerable VIRGINIA CAVALCADE has an article on him, but all I can find on line is the title of date of the article.  I do recall a photo in the article of him leading the 116th Infantry Band down Broad Street in Richmond when they returned from France after WWI.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Randy Cabell