From:
"Nancy D. Egloff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:42:17 -0400
Regarding the query written by Netti Schreiner-Yantis, we rely on a
number of sources for our information on this topic.   One is the "List
of Ships Travelling Between England and Virginia, 1607-1630" written by
Susan Hillier for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Library in 1970.
Ms. Hillier used primary sources available at that time and compiled a
chronological listing of vessels known to have come to Virginia.

More recently, one of our former staff, Henry Moseley compiled a newer
listing, taking a fresh look at the sources, and taking the material up
to 1624.  According to a source he found in Alexander Brown's Genesis of
the United States, the three ships that came with Lord De la Warr's
fleet in June 1610 were the "De La Warr" (named for him), the
"Blessing", and the "Hercules"  (ref. Brown, Genesis, 1:402-403).
These are listed with different years in the 1624/25 Muster, but there
are inaccuracies in the Muster.

If anyone has further questions in this regard, please contact me
directly.

Nancy Egloff
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation