From:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 21:00:42 -0500
Juretta:  I understand completely.  Adele Logan Alexander's book is priceless.  And by the way my mom's (Jimmie Tabor-Steele)senior high school graduation dinner was held on the grounds of the Hairston family homplace in rural Davie County,NC. She went on to graduate from Livingstone College and was a teacher for some thirty years as well as the co-owner of Steele's Exxon which started out as a small grocery store that was started by my dad AR Steele and his dad Forrest M. Steele.  My grandfather was a retired teacher of a one room school in rural Davie County,NC. Jane.