From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:05:22 -0500
Nancy,

Thanks so much for the information. I have saved it into the file of stuff
for this story. Was Pocahontas from the Kecoughtan village? Or another
village? Perhaps I will learn the exact village when I get Dr. Roundtree's
books.

The description of the meal sounds like the evening meal. According to the
article by Roundtree, breakfast was leftovers from the night before,
especially whatever was in the stew pot. It is interesting that they did not
eat roasted meat and bread together. I guess they wouldn't eat a roast
venison sandwich<grin>

Anne
Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem