From:
"Crawford, Greg (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 16:01:09 +0000
I was a bit too hasty. There is one for Lancaster County dated 1727. Here's the link to the finding aid.

http://ead.lib.virginia.edu/vivaxtf/view?docId=lva/vi03229.xml

Let me add that the Accomack County tobacco census records (as well as tithable lists and other colonial era Accomack records) were found in the loose court records of Accomack County stored in the attic of the courthouse.

For more information go here - http://www.virginiamemory.com/blogs/out_of_the_box/2011/04/27/treasure-in-the-attic-accomack-county-colonial-era-records/

Our staff did an amazing job examining, identifying, and repairing these "lost" treasures so that they could be used for historical and genealogical research.

Greg Crawford
Local Records Program Manager
Library of Virginia
804-371-2127
www.lva.virginia.gov
www.virginiamemory.com

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison