From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:33:08 -0800
I have not had as much success in tracking my slave ancestors in Virginia,
as I have in South Carolina. That may have more to do with following oral
clues then record keeping. My slave ancestor from South Carolina, was alive
as late as 1915 (she lived to be 97 years old), and told the family where
she what country she was from. I found one slave ancestor in Fredericksburg,
whose mother was also a slave (to Charles Yates). None of the records I have
mention where Charles Yates purchased his slaves from.

Hope springs eternal.

Anita

Rates near 39yr lows!  $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581