From:
Lonny Watro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2024 10:30:12 -0500
Me too!! I think James Johnson Brown (1812-1883) of Howardsville, VA is in
those records. He had two packet boats, Laura and Rosa ( the names of his
two daughters) on the canal. And he had a store on his property called
"Social Hall" in Howardsville. The building used for the store was still
standing in 1999. I haven't  been there since then. The store supposedly
doubled as a Doctor's office for Dr. Boaz (forgot his 1st name off top of
my head). He somehow was related through marriage, I think his daughter
married one of JJ's sons.