From:
Anne Pemberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:53:30 -0500
Basil,

Please show me where the Native Americans passed title to their lands to the
French? Show me where the French even made contact with the Native Americans
who "held title" to their lands won to them by historical occupation of
those lands? France's claim to Louisiana was a BOGUS claim. One which
Jefferson had to right to purchase.

Also, show me where in the constitution, the president is given the power to
negotiate such a deal? It doesn't exist. Jefferson performed an illegal act,
broke his oath to defend the constitution, and should have been impeached.
Instead, the Congress decided to uphold his illegal purchase even they
possessed no authority to do so. The land belonged to the Native Americans,
not the French, nor the Americans. This action led to the destruction of the
way of life of the Natives to that soil, punctuated by the American efforts
to exterminate them as if they had no right to exist.

Anne

Anne Pemberton
http://www.erols.com/stevepem
http://www.erols.com/apembert