From:
"Tarter, Brent (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:34:32 -0400
I do not entirely understand the question.

Va-Hist and Va-Roots are open forums for the discussion of topics
related to research and writing about Virginia history and culture,
including family history. That said, we have discouraged commercial
promotion in order to keep the lists free of marketing notices that
would inevitably overwhelm or detract from dicussions of the topis for
which we created and maintain the lists.

Please do not advertize or promote your own or any other person's
merchandize on these sites. If, as often happens in lerned discussions,
people have legitimate occasions to refer to their own scholarship,
that's quite a different matter.

What other people permit or do not permit on their lists and what may be
or may not be permissible in other domains that the state of Virginia's
virginia.gov sites is none of my or our business.

Brent Tarter
The Library of Virginia

Please visit the Library of Virginia's Web site at
http://www.lva.virginia.gov