Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 14:05:20 EDT
Croker sack.

In my home section of Va - Chesterfield Co.- between Richmond Va and
Petersburg and in Norfolk Va. - when you went salt water fishingf you  might
go off shore from Ocean View or near  Willough (Willoughby Spit). You were
likely to  catch a lot of croakers. They were considered trash fish though I
believe I've heard they are now consider certainly acceptable table fish. If
you didn't catch any choice fish and you cared to take home some of the
croakers you could fill a large brown sack in a hurry - hence a croaker sack.
 This MAY be an explaination of the posting of " Croker Sack".