From:
"Huffstutler, Eric S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2010 10:58:27 -0400
Even the line of division as to where Shed Town starts has been somewhat
all over the map.  Our house in some references was situated in Richmond
while others show it in Shed Town.  Being on the East side of N 27th
between Marshall and Clay, some show Shed Town starting at 27th while
others show it at 28th and one even says it starts mid block between the
two.  Our house is made of wood, not brick and was a mansion and the
owner had 9 slaves working it so wasn't the typical house on that side
of Broad but certainly wasn't the only one.  Such as the Izard Bacon
Whitlock house built around 1813 that faced Marshall around the corner
which was purchased by John Prichard in the 1890s and torn down in 1930
- among others.

Eric