From:
Anita Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:25:53 -0700
We went from loving the slaves to figuring what is owed to slaves. I did not
see any mention of you, or anyone else owing for slavery. Maybe you are on
the wrong list. We are discussing Virginia history, and unfortunately
slavery was a part of that history.  Lets try to stick to the subject here.

Anita

>From: qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Loving the slaves
>Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:56:13 -0700
>
>Right on, Diane.   --Joanne
>

>Diane Ethridge <[log in to unmask]> wrote: For those of us who had
>ancestors who owned slaves & also had ancestors who
>were Quakers &/or who didn't believe in slavery so bought slaves in order
>free them, how do we figure the percentage of what we owe?    Then do we
>also owe on anything our ancestors did to the Jews, Irish, Catholics,
>Quakers,  Yankees, Hispanics, etc, etc.   Some of our ancestors were also
>probably one or more of all of these groups...I'm confused...sounds like
>somebody owes me?        There probably isn't an ethnic group, religion,
>skin color or a persons from certain areas of the country who hasn't felt
>the lash of prejudice or bad treatment from the majority or ruling class in
>any given place or time.  A good idea now would be to call it "even" & get
>life.
>
>Diane in TX

>Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of
>spyware protection.

Who's that on the Red Carpet? Play & win glamorous prizes.
http://club.live.com/red_carpet_reveal.aspx?icid=REDCARPET_hotmailtextlink3