From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:02:45 -0500
The original painting was commissioned for the U.S. Capitol - I can't lay
hands on it at the moment, but a few years ago (when I was tracking down a
similar U S Capital image of the Louisiana Purchase treaty) my congressman
sent me a color-illustrated volume about the artworks in the U.S. Capitol.
  I think it came from the Gov Printing Office, so if you search online at
Library of Congress, LVA, UVA or whatever, make sure your search
parameters will include "government documents" .....

Jon Kukla

> This appeared on the H-OIEAHC list and garnered no replies.  I thought
> that
> perhaps someone on this list might have an answer for him.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Martha Katz-Hyman
> Architectural Fellow
> Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Dr. Jon Kukla, Executive Vice-President
Red Hill - The Patrick Henry National Memorial
1250 Red Hill Road
Brookneal, Virginia 24528
www.redhill.org
Phone 434-376-2044 or 800-514-7463