From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:13:58 -0500
You may be confusing this with later indentured servants in the
colonial period, who were petty crooks and troublemakers [male and
female], who were sent to Virginia. From the runaway ads in the
Virginia Gazette, they seemed to have been quite a troublesome lot. A
good many seem to have been Irish, or Welsh, a few Scots or English;
a few could not speak English, evidently they were Gaelic-speaking.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone