From:
Herbert Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:35:12 -0500
Don,

I will be able to answer your questions and everything about the DNA Study
because I am the only living person who was connected to it and please
believe me, in my opinion, Dr Foster was VERY much involved in denying all
the facts surrounding the issue to Nature. On more than one occasion he was
less than truthful and forthcoming with me, of whom he has written that
without ME he possibly could not have conducted the study. I have hundreds
of e-mails exchanged between me, Dr. Foster, Prof. Joe Ellis (remember him
from the scandal at his college), Dr. Eric Lander, M.I.T. (his side kick in
authoring a false Nature article and USNWR articles), Dr Dan Jordan, former
Monticello President, Cinder Stanton, Monticello Senior Researcher, Two past
Chairpersons of the Thomas Jefferson Memorial Foundation (until they DROPPED
MEMORIAL from their title, and many more authors, in my opinion, getting
"their misinformation" from Monticello, the Hemings and Woodson families and
many others. I gave lengthy interviews to PBS Frontline and A&E, Biography
which NEVER let the world see a frame when they presented glowing accolades
on their Sally Hemings special presentations. YOU, the public have been
denied many articles and letters-to-editor that I and others have written.

I will try to find the Nature articles and the information you request and
either post to the list or send to you personally.
It is all out of the realm of science BUT a major agenda to "GET" TJ for
owning slaves and other things. This latest drive began at UVA (Oct. 1992)
when Prof. Peter Onuf, sitting in the Monticello sponsored history chair
there, decided to bring together various professors in a seminar to study TJ
as reported in their book, Jefferson Legacies. One of the attendees noted
People are just "piling on" in a politically correct fashion and all because
of Dr Foster's BLUNDERS, Monticello's eagerness to feed the Getting Word
Project using Dianne Swann-Wright (oral historian) of that group as Chairman
of their Study Group. Dr Ken Wallenborn, who wrote a Minority Report (that
was HIDDEN from the public), as a Monticello employee and member of the
study group, reports bias and a preconceived effort to steer the study
toward finding TJ guilty. He and two other senior guides resigned rather
than present these false and misleading statements to the public.

Herb Barger
Founder, Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society (www.tjheritage.org)

Am I over looking a web page that houses the DNA test results with the Y
Haplo Groups? So far I am not able to locate this Jefferson DNA study.

Reading the conclusions of the study does me no good what so ever, in order
for me to be able to follow the conclusions, I need to see the actual test
results of the participants involved. Is that data available online? If not,
then that is a serious problem as far as I am concerned.

Can not debate the DNA issue if the participants test results are not
publically available to study.

What really peaks my interest from this study was this statement:

"DNA of male-line descendants of five "old Virginia families" was also
included in the analysis in an attempt to sample the local population of Y
chromosomes. None matched the Jefferson haplotype, one that is considered
quite rare." Source: monticello.org

Ok I give, what rare Y Haplo Group was found and who was it found in and
exactly what location was it found for this participants ancestor?

That is very vague language considering they are openly sharing their DNA
conclusions. I don't like vague, I like specifics! lol. :)
What do they consider old Virginia families? 1800's? 1700's? 1600's? such
vague language in their conclusions makes me pause no doubts!

What does disturb me about monticello.org so far, is they are willing to
share their conclusions without clearly showing their DNA evidence.

As a DNA project Admin. myself, I anticipated seeing such DNA language
as, just as an example, Field Jefferson and Eston Hemings are a say 35/37
DNA match and both in Y Haplo Group " what ever" Yet so far of what I have
read, I see no such DNA language in their findings and that is disturbing to
me.

No where on monticello.org or any other web site I have read on this
discussion so far, do they go in to any details about the actual DNA tests.

No where so far do I read what DNA companies were used, no where do I see at
what level of testing was used, no where do I read where anyone has Deep
Clade SNP tested to confirm the Haplo Groups of each participant. This lack
of data tells me, folks are serious about sharing their conclusions openly
with out sharing their DNA evidence, and that to me as a DNA project Admin.
is disturbing!

Do I presume they have all tested at the highest 67 marker level and all
have been Deep Clade SNP tested? No I do not at all presume that because no
where on the web sites that I have seen so far, explain any of the test
results in any details what so ever. How can anyone debate the DNA issue
when no one seems to be sharing the DNA evidence in question?

For all I know, they are basing their DNA test results off of the 12 or 25
marker level, and if that is true, then they have not proven their case what
so ever.

As far as I am concerned, to share the conclusions of their study with out
openly sharing the DNA test results of each participant involved in their
study, tells me someone is not willing to be more open about their study. I
say if they want to debate the issue or prove the issue, the test results of
each participant involved must be open to the public so anyone can review
the test results and be able to come to their own conclusions.

If the Jefferson DNA test results are available online, I would sure like to
see them so I can see with my own eyes, what companies were used, at what
level of testing was used, what upgrades such as the Deep Clade SNP test was
used. All this is very relivant in this DNA discussion, because with out
having access to this DNA data, no one can have a reasonable DNA discussion
over this TJ issue.

If the test results are not publically available, how are we to believe
their conclusions? I am a facts man, and if I can not physically see the DNA
facts for myself, their conclusions have no meaning to me what so ever.

That is my primary concern right now, I see many conclusions with out any
DNA evidence being shared. Am I looking in the wrong places?

I do not even see typical DNA language in their conclusions, like so and so
is a 35/37 match to each other. And that typical DNA language that I
anticipated to see, and did not see on the web pages which discuss the
supposed DNA evidence is clearly lacking from their conclusions and to me
that bothers me greatly.

 So I ask you all, where online are the DNA test results with the Y Haplo
Groups? With out that data, their conclusions are worthless to me.

Don