From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:48:53 -0500
In the context of writing about Thomas Jefferson and Elizabeth Moore
Walker, I did some reading about the Fort Stanwix conference of 1768 that
John Walker attended as secretary for the Virginia delegation headed by
his father, Dr. Thomas Walker.

  Among the works I found helpful (some old some new and in no particular
order) were:

Woody Holton, “The Ohio Indians and the Coming of the American Revolution
in Virginia,” Journal of Southern History 60 (1994): 457-461

Peter Onuf, “Toward Federalism: Virginia, Congress, and the Western
Lands,” WMQ, 3d ser., 34 (1977)

Daniel J. Hulsebosch, “Imperia in Imperio: The Multiple Constitutions of
Empire in New York, 1750-1777,” Law and History Review 16 (1998)

Clarence E. Carter, “British Policy towards the American Indians in the
South, 1763-8,” English Historical Review 33 (1918)

Max Farrand, “The Indian Boundary Line,” American Historical Review 10 (1905)

John R. Alden, John Stuart and the Southern Colonial Frontier, 1754-1775
(Ann Arbor, 1944)

Jack M. Sosin, Whitehall and the Wilderness: The Middle West in British
Colonial Policy (Lincoln, Neb., 1961).

Dr. Jon Kukla, Executive Vice-President
Red Hill - The Patrick Henry National Memorial
1250 Red Hill Road
Brookneal, Virginia 24528
www.redhill.org
Phone 434-376-2044 or 800-514-7463