From:
John Kneebone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Kneebone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:03:40 -0500
Everyone,

On Monday, February 6, 2006, Professor Christine Heyrman, of the University of Delaware, will deliver the Annual William and Miriam Blake Lecture, at 7:30 p.m., in the Richmond Salons, at the University Student Commons, on the Monroe Park Campus. The lecture is free and the public is invited. Street parking is scarce, but there is a parking deck off Main Street adjacent to the Student Commons.

Heyrman is the author of Southern Cross: The Beginnings of the Bible Belt, which received the Bancroft Prize for outstanding history book in the year it was published. Her lecture on Monday is entitled: "Holy Wars in Beulah Land: The Contest Among Evangelical Protestants in the Early 19th-Century South."

Beyond the intrinsic interest of her topic, it occurrs to me that anyone doing family research who has used (or will use) church records might enjoy learning about the context in which those records were produced.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Best,

John

John T. Kneebone
5107 Caledonia Road