From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 09:42:09 -0500
I was encouraged to read, in many places over the last few months,
that many Evangelicals are more and more troubled by one group of
their brethren getting so deeply involved in politics, and these
others are trying to take back the Evangelical movement, concentrate
more on following the teachings of Jesus, feeding the poor, helping
the needy, etc. 'Bout time. Render unto Caesar etc. That's the
drawback to any religion, the ability to pick and choose from one's
sacred writings to justify doing what you were going to do in the
first place. Look at all the contradictory readings we get about the
Quran, and the endless wrangling by Ultra- Orthodox Jewish Rabbis
about the meaning of this and that.

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? A major theological
concern during the Middle Ages. I'm sure it enriched many souls...

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone