From:
Heritage Society <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:15:27 -0500
 Hening's compilation was fifty some years after the passage of the
statutes you questioned. Although Hening's Statutes are generally accepted
as a correct rendition of the laws in force on the dates indicated, Henings
was not the document actually used.  If there is an issue whether the
transcription was correct, the first effort would be to determine if an
original document exists with the laws as passed by the Burgesses.

Richard E. Dixon
Editor, Jefferson Notes
Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society
703-691-0770