From:
Jerry Lee Midkiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:39:41 -0500
> Good Morning,
 I'm Jerry Lee Midkiff and I'm trying to find
out information on my histroy. Thomas Midkiff of b. 1720 in Halifax, VA
and died 1743 ? of and Indian attack. I canfind where he is buried or any
other information. His two sons were John and Joseph who m. the Parsons
sisters. Thanks
Jerry Midkiff
Delton <MI

The Quaker records for these counties were all maintained by the
> Cedar Creek Monthly Meeting, renamed Richmond Monthly Meeting in
1875. My
> website lists the locations of the original records
and the reel numbers
> for
> the microfilm copies at the
Maryland Hall of Records but (so far) not the
> microfilm at the
Library of Virginia.

https://www.quakermeetings.com/Plone/meeting_view?anID=1774

[Note that QuakerMeetings.com was moved to the Earlham College server last

> August, and some browser security settings still consider it a
possible
> threat. I have had no such problem.]
>
> The Library of Virginia also has the abstracts of Cedar Creek MM

> records published by Mary Marshall Brewer.

http://lva1.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/F/FAGAS3M32892345R2H7KC6E1QHYRS77ATCGQH

BFX8BD26YNC6N-14479?func=full-set-set&set_number=002886&set_entry=000001&for

> mat=999
> [Single URL; most programs will insert line
breaks that must be removed
> before one links to the website.]

> Tom Hill
>
> Thomas C. Hill
> Charlottesville, VA 22901-6355 U.S.A.
> formerly
Cincinnati, OH

From: Discussion of research and writing about Virginia
history
Huffstutler, Eric S.
> Sent: Monday, 14 February, 2011 4:44 PM

> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [VA-HIST]
Early Henrico - Richmond Birth and Deaths records?

Is there an index for church records pre 1853?