From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:14:32 -0500
That was Henry VIII, who wanted to divorce Catherine of Aragon and
marry Anne Bolyne [sp?]. The church of course forbade divorce, he and
his advisors couldn't concoct some legality so that the church would
allow the marriage to be annulled, so he left and formed his own
church, and divorced the wife. Married Anne and beheaded her after a
few years [she was the mother of Elizabeth I], and went on to have 4
more wives; one died, another was beheaded, another he divorced, and
the last outlived him.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone