From:
Jon Kukla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:32:02 -0500
Greetings,

This e-mail has been forwarded by Thomas Jefferson ([log in to unmask])

Click here to receive future mailings from Thomas Jefferson Foundation:

http://monticello.pmailus.com/pmailweb/setup?eide=AZEXGqqxCGGx33S7ms5dOJ3NA2DJ

Thomas Jefferson Foundation
Contact:
http://monticello.pmailus.com/pmailweb/f?cide=AQRbTONdrDSku-zAVA

At this remarkable time in our nation-s history, we invite you to join us on Wednesday, April 15, 2009, to celebrate both the enduring influence of Thomas Jefferson-s ideals and a landmark event in the history of Monticello, the Grand Opening of the Thomas Jefferson Visitor and Smith Education Center.

At 11 a.m., Jefferson-s lasting legacies will be the theme of an event on the West Lawn of Monticello that will feature remarks by 2008 National Book Award winner Annette Gordon-Reed, presidential historian Michael Beschloss, other notable speakers, and live music performances.At 1 p.m., the new Visitor Center and its exciting interpretive features - four innovative exhibitions, a powerful introductory film, and a hands-on activity space for children - will be opened to the public.

Additional details about the April 15 events will be announced in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please visit www.monticello.org/featured/new_vc.html ( http://monticello.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=HETmzQAOAAEAAAdSAAKGhw ) for information about the 21st-century gateway to Monticello.

Leslie Greene Bowman
President
Thomas Jefferson Foundation

NOTE: URL links included in this e-mail may be long and may wrap across several lines.  When viewing the desired link, please be sure to copy the entire link into your browser.  To help you to identify the entire link, we have started each link with " *( " and ended each link with " )* "