From:
Vincent Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:58:16 -0400
In recent weeks, the Chancery Records Index (CRI) has experienced some
service interruptions, specifically related to the scanned images of
Fauquier and Caroline County records.  We apologize for any
inconvenience this may have caused researchers interested in those
localities.  The last few months have been a transition time for the
Library of Virginia.

As many of you have surely read, VITA/Northrop-Grumman recently assumed
responsibility of IT support for the Commonwealth's technology
infrastructure. The Library continues to adjust to our recent transition
to being managed by VITA/NG. The VITA/NG staff assigned to us are new to
the Library and are still learning the complexities of our systems and
the potential impact any changes may have on our users' needs.
Accordingly, there have been several change-related disruptions with
some resources, including the CRI.  We thought it best to communicate to
you the reasons for these disruptions and ask for your patience during
this conversion.

You may rest assured that the Library of Virginia is committed to
providing our patrons with timely and accurate information, and we
continually strive to exceed your expectations.  We greatly appreciate
your understanding in this period of transition.  If you have any
questions specifically regarding the CRI or any other local records
resource, please do not hesitate to contact us at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or 804-692-3605.

Thank you.

Vincent T. Brooks
Senior Local Records Archivist
The Library of Virginia