From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:58:12 -0500
I live in Orange County VA. and I know that's not why it was named
such, but our soil is incredible orange-red clay. You see newborn
little snowy white lambs and calves in the spring, in a matter of
weeks they are orange. It stains terribly, I can see where something
like that would make a great dye or body paint [and when it's wet
it's a slippery mess]. Maybe the Powhatans traded for it.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone