From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 06:21:55 -0700
Randy,

 You may find what you're looking for --or a link to it-- at
 http://www.costumes.org/history/100pages/militaryuniforms.htm#North%20America%2019th
 It's one of the organizations that Hollywood goes to when they do a period movie.

Another site that may be helpful --although it's the music which is stressed.  If  I remember right, it's primarily Canadian history,  but you might want to take a look (or rather, a listen?).   http://www.militaryheritage.com/sound.htm

Fun subject!

--Joanne

Randy Cabell <[log in to unmask]> wrote: I am interested in reconstructing what Capt. Nestle's Norfolk Artillery Band might have looked like at its 1807 performance at the Jamestown Jubilee.  Are there any drawings of such uniforms from that time?  I am sure the band was unit of the Virginia Militia.

re headgear.  Had kepi's of some variation of them come into existance by then, or was that a later military invention?

Randy Cabell
The Trumpeter of Jamestowne (still :))

 in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.